By Lydia Richins, Marketing —
A new Australian website just launched in the UK and is creating quite a stir. It’s called “Airtasker” and people are using it as a “digital noticeboards” to hire people to do tasks they can’t do (or don’t want to do). Since launching on March 12th in the UK, the website has gained 13,000 followers in the UK and now boasts over two million people worldwide. Last year Taskers, or those that perform the posted jobs, earned a total of over 100 million Australian dollars (equivalent to $75 million US dollars). Even more interesting than the figures, however, are the odd jobs people are asking to be done.
Common and Bizarre Tasks
Typically most tasks involve cleaning, removal, repairs, and other handyman jobs, but some tasks are far from typical. One user paid a Tasker to dress up as a stormtrooper to walk her down the aisle on her wedding day. Another user sent their Tasker from Australia to Texas to pick up an engagement ring. Since the company expects the website to take off in the UK, we may see many more bizarre tasks.
How it Works
On Airtasker it’s free to sign up and post a task. After a task is posted, the user picks one of the multiple offers they receive to complete the task. The company reports that only 40 percent of tasks go to the lowest bidder, the other 60 percent choose trust over price. Taskers can boost user’s confidence by adding verification badges, including trade licenses, ID checks, and background checks. The more badges one has, the higher price they can charge. Once a job is done, the Tasker boasts their reviews for a job well done. Payment is by credit card. The payment remains on hold until a job has been completed. Bonuses can be added to Taskers who went above and beyond and new prices arranged for work considered below satisfactory.
Although small tasks like fixing a leaky faucet may not require much trust, other tasks like choosing a babysitter require a lot of trust. For tasks that require more trust and longer commitments (both in and out of the workplace) consider IntegrityDetect™. This new integrity assessment technology revolutionizes the typical self-rated character test. The algorithms inside this online test analyze typing and clicking patterns of test-takers to find the true trustworthiness of an individual and predict ethical behavior with 80 percent accuracy (which is 30 percent more accurate than any other character test). This integrity testing tool is essential in finding someone you trust to do your tasks.
IntegrityDetect: superior integrity testing.